Saturday, February 26

untangle me.

Everybody has their own weaknesses and insecurities. I grew up feeling belittled, underestimated and told I was too young too understand, that these "older" people know more than I do in every given aspect and manner so I shouldn't question their knowledge.

Yes. It's true that older people know more than me, that I will learn only through experience and passed on knowledge. However, that does not give them the right to fucking belittle me and push me down because they know better.

I may be young, stupid and reckless but that does not mean I know nothing useful about the world. I want to learn, to grow. Given the facts, this insecurity only makes me want to go the distance and prove everyone wrong. That anything they can do, I can do better.

Just a little knowledge passed, some hard work and a chance. Just one chance to show i'm not something you should be underestimating because I'm more than just a guy with hopes and dreams.

Yes, it makes me come out as cocky and ignorant, but hell, if you can back yourself up with evidence and facts, what do you have to lose? Shove it up the other's ass if he doesn't know what's good for him. Even so, you don't have every right to be full of yourself if you've got it. When you see a mistake, don't allow it. Correct it. That's it. It's a matter of how you take it in.

Another weakness I have inside me is the tendency to think I don't belong, whatever it may be. In class discussions, in groups of friends, in certain ways, I just want to feel like I belong in the world.

I hated the feeling of being left out, pushed away because I'm not "included" or considered "not good enough". Bullshit like that, I'm pretty sure I'm good enough for everything if I set my mind to it and work hard.

Simply put in the words of John Rzeznik, a moment to be real, to touch things I don't feel, just to hold on and feel like I belong. All these insecurities and weaknesses, it feels pathetic.

Then again, I've learnt to accept the facts and face them, that I am who I am and I can only change for the better. I'm happy being all happy-go- lucky and carefree thinking of all the good things in life even if it makes me come out as someone who's just plain immature and full of jokes.

Just because I am what I am doesn't mean when given the right moment or time, I can't be mature or serious. I don't need someone to tell me to do that, I'm just happy acting like I'm 12 trying to enjoy all the good things in life and taking out the bad in the world.

Be careful of your judgements, they're not usually right. It takes a whole book to write a story, and every chapter is different from the other, so you can't tell what it is from one measly cover. Some people don't get it, but that just isn't any of my concern because I'll be too busy enjoying life while these "people" make their judgement.

No comments: