Saturday, March 26

eat lead.

Everyone has probably been led on at least once in their life. In my opinion, there is no feeling worse than being led on. The hope, patience, and effort you put into that something or 'someone'. The persistence, time and hard work you took and wasted. The thoughts and feelings you went through over and over.

In the end, you slip on the very tightrope you walk and hang there in the balance. The metaphor in this is the clutch you have on that tightrope you slipped on itself. As being led on goes, you get struck and come to the point of making that path changing decision not everyone finds easy to conclude.

Do you hold on, pull yourself up and continue on knowing you might just slip and get hurt again but not knowing where the end of the tightrope will be anyway? OR, do you just give up and let go, fall into oblivion not knowing whether where you'll land and end up in will be good or bad?

This is something that can happen anywhere. Work, school, home, love life, social life, wild life (lol).

Example 1: Boy likes girl. Girl makes boy think girl likes boy. Boy puts time and effort to get girl. Girl plays along with no intent of being taken. Boy is left hanging with no conclusion but shattered hope and disappointment.

Example 2: Child sees toy. Child wants toy. Child asks parent if they can buy the toy. Parent says they'll think about it making child hope they'll get it even if they have no intention of buying toy. Child blindly believes it. Child gets hurt because toy wasn't bought.

Example 3: Employee asks for raise or promotion. Boss gives employee large workload and presentations to complete and prepare within deadline. Employee works his/her hardest to achieve boss' approval. Boss has no intention of promoting employee. Employee's effort wasted in the end.

The fact of the matter is it hurts so much being put in that situation. It maybe something small and irrelevant, sometimes even simple to some. I don't know about you, but that's just not the case for me, it would be the complete opposite. There are MANY other kinds of situations, but I could only think of the main 3.

The fact that you mustered up all the courage and effort to even try to walk that tightrope would be a feat to some (To me, it would be something very fucking impressive), while to others it would be just another 'walk in the park'. That's not the end of it. Knowing the fact that if you let go, you wouldn't complete what you started anyway just really fucking sucks.

To top it all off, knowing you slipped, got hurt and just let go and gave up from your intentions and hopes... That just really fucking sucks even more!

My description and thoughts of it alone feel painful already, but that's just me, it's a blog and that's what I intend to be doing though I do not know if the reader feels what I pour onto my posts. I was sitting in my room tonight and was wondering what I should make a post about and remembered a small instance that first popped into my head, a story told by my aunt. So that's how this post came to be.

BUT ANYWAY, I don't know any ways out to avoid or get over being led on as it isn't something I've learned and experienced fully (I don't intend to either!). Yes, I've gone through things like this before and managed to get through just fine, it's just that my methods aren't exactly something to brag about.

... But I'll tell you anyway. Whenever I felt like I was being led on, I'd throw a bitch fit and get pissed at anything or anyone, toss out my frustrations and then sleep it all off. If I don't feel better after waking up the next morning, I repeat cycle until I do. It's pathetic, isn't it?

I don't recommend doing that, but I do recommend avoiding the situation as much as possible. Hell, if I were you, I'd just not even try if I knew it was something that would happen in the long run. That, ladies and gentlemen, is the catch of being led on, you don't know if it will. Truth be told, you wouldn't know if it was happening either until the point where you're just too damn fed up and sick of it, and by then it would've already been too late.

To the person leading another on, just think of the karma you'll get hit with. What goes around comes around, and once it comes around... Just imagine how hard it'll bite you in the ass tenfold. That's what you get. Fuck you for wasting time, effort and screwing us over by keeping us hanging on that metaphorical tight rope. Yeah.

I feel so much disgust for people who have the facial thickness to do this. To make someone look stupid by making them hope for something that's actually nothing, to make someone suffer over and over through waiting and wasting time and whatnot they put into this, just to end up in pain in disappointment.

To the person being led on by another, that's life. That's just the way it is. You win some, you lose some, you get screwed over, you fuck up. Learn from the mistakes. It's nothing simple but this isn't rocket science, just suck it up and go on ahead with it, it'll be behind you eventually if you just keep swimmin' (LOL DORY).

I leave you all with these two lines from a song by the Eraserheads. To the filipinos! ... And others who can understand what this means:

"Kung kelan ka naging seriyoso, saka ka nya gagaguhin."
"Diba, tangina, nagmukha akong tanga. Pinaasa nya lang ako, letseng pagibig to."

No comments: