Friday, March 18

stay up and get down.

Maturity was never really my forte, or so I've heard.

immature
adj immature [iməˈtjuə]
1 childish and behaving like someone much younger.
2 not fully grown or fully developed; not ripe.
3 deficient in maturity; lacking wisdom, insight, emotional stability, etc.

I am in no position to contradict the definition of a dictionary... But here's my opinion anyway, take it however you want it, contradicting or not. When we speak in terms of science, the body reaches full development after teen years, early adulthood, however you want to call it. Metaphorically speaking, there is no limit to how much we can grow.

Insight is the capacity to understand.
Wisdom is the ability to utilize knowledge.
Emotional stability is the state of mental calmness or composure.

I, for one, only have the capacity to understand minority of the many complications of life. I know I can utilize whatever I know, if not, I wouldn't be able to type this down. As for my composure, I'm pretty sure I can keep myself in place alone. That makes me a mature human being, I guess.

However, some people in my very bright and colorful life (I think it's safer to say most) think I'm a pretty immature human being. I enjoy being loud, playful and care-free. Most of the time, people say I am not one to be taken seriously mainly because I joke around far too much. You know what I think?

To hell with that, I'll be as loud as I want and as playful as I can get. Life is the opposite of death, and death is just quiet and inanimate. I'm happy I can be this way, it's those who don't appreciate little things like this that don't deserve life at all.

Rule #1: Don't sweat the small stuff.
Rule #2: It's all small stuff.
- Dr. Michael Mantell

There is a limit for everything, just as in my opinion that there is a time to be mature as well was immature. If it were up to me, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be mature and calm all the time. Where's the fun in that?

Then again, being mature doesn't mean you can't have fun anymore, nor does being immature mean you can't be calm and wise. Don't take it the wrong way, I have nothing against being mature, it's just that some people define maturity the wrong way, for me at least.

Oh well, that's just how the way things are and I can live with that. You just cannot please them all. I am who I am, and that's all there is to it.

No comments: