Monday, April 11

love over luxury.

I've done things I'm proud of, things I'm proud to say I accomplished and achieved, things I worked hard on and paid off eventually. However proud I may be for the handful of physical, mental and material achievements I've gained, there are also things I've done that I'm not proud of.

I've made wrong decisions, big mistakes, and stupid actions. Yet after all the mayhem and chaos I've caused, here I am in one piece, alive and well. Why? No, it's not because I haven't screwed up hard enough (Well, maybe..), but I like to think that it's because I learn from all the crap I do.

You can tell me not to do this and teach me how to do that, but as stubborn and arrogant as I am (I take a lot of pride in myself), I'll do it my way, do or die. Like everybody says, if it doesn't kill you, it only makes you stronger, right? Well, that's the intention of whatever I go through and deal with.

There will be the non-believers, the haters, the jealous critics and the believers in whatever you do. The non-believers think you can't do it, that you're "weaksauce" and that you're making it up. The haters just plain hate you and want to bash your face in because you do what you do. The jealous critics criticize, duh, and make fun of your accomplishments and belittle them. Then there are your believers, the ones who motivate you and push you to keep going and do your best in whatever you put in.

As stereotypical as my description sounds, I pay no attention to any of them except for the believers. Utilize these people well, because they're the only ones that should matter aside from yourself in whatever you do. You may be an athlete, a musician, or the greatest accountant in the world. You are who you are.

Everything's a lesson, you just need to utilize it to your benefit. Whatever you go through is your life, and it's your shit, nobody else's, so don't let someone else dig into your shit. Walk a mile in someone's shoes before you judge them with what they do, because your judgement is what you really are underneath.

No comments: